Monday, May 30, 2011

"Same Same But Different"

THAT, is a key phrase in Thailand (and Cambodia)...whenever walking around literally any street, you're bound to find a market of sorts. And there, you will be able to purchase almost any knockoff good or material you can imagine. When asking the seller if the item is real or not, they always reply "same same but different" bahahha l LOVE IT! Its sooooo hard not to buy everything I see...most things are ridiculously cheap.

Although I am currently in Cambodia (which is the bomb btw), Thailand was also fantastic. You the reader, must promise me that at some point in your life, you'll go to Thailand/Cambodia/all of southeast Asia, its unlike any other place in the world. The people are so unbelievably friendly and are willing to do whatever it is you need. When they ask how you are doing, they mean it; they're not asking just to get you to buy something. And as beautiful as the people are, the landscape is even more beautiful!

Bangkok itself is quite busy, a very metropolitan area, but in a Thai style. Its not really too comparable to say Chicago or NYC, but it is technically a city. Interwoven with skyscrapers you'll find ancient relics and temples of a time long long ago. Buddah is everywhere. While wandering around the city by myself for hours on the first day I accidentally walked into a monestary, whoops. But the monks were totally cool. Most of them in the Bangkok area have given up speaking, but they were still able to help me out. And the food.....IS AMAZING. No Thai! aint got nothing on this! Fresh fresh fresh ingredients that are super cheap! One of the days I got pad thai (0f course) for about 50 cents....50 cents! No Thai! just seems too expensive now haha.

One more thing about Thailand....everyone I've met seems to instantly give respect. Its as if the air here is of a calming and respectful wave, seducing everyone in its' path. I am coming back. There's no doubting it, I want to and I will...and so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment