Friday, June 3, 2011

How would you like your beef, too skinny or unnaturally "plump"


image

VS.

image

All throughout Southeast Asia (and India) I’ve noticed a fair amount of shall we say, skinny cows. Now a skinny cow comes in a different varieties; theres, way too FUCKING scary skinny, that cow should eat a few more fields of grass, and hmm, it that cow looks a bit off. But the question is, do I really know what or how a cow should look? Most of the cows in A-murrrr-ica are factory cows that are injected with so many hormones, their own feces and fed an unnatural diet of grain, that my perception of a standard cow might be a bit off. To be fair (I guess), most of the cows I’ve seen here aren’t dairy cows really, but are used mostly for meat…I’m blindly assuming there’s some sort of difference. Regardless, the cows here are mostly nowhere near the size of our cows. They really tend to be a bit skinner, and often times seeing their ribs isn’t terribly difficult either.

Passing by either by bus or train, most of the cows seem to be grazing on grass…go figure? You mean people here allot the cows to eat their natural entrée of choice? Crazy. However, I have also seen my fair share of cows eating trash or eating something right near trash.

I’ve had these thoughts multiple times while traveling across a country or just walking to the market. But then I was struck with a conundrum of sorts…which would I rather eat, a very skinny cow who might have eaten grass or trash, or both, OR a cow that has been injected with every hormone known to man and isnt given the right to roam and graze? I honestly dont know at this point…I think I might choose the skinny cow just because theres a good chance it ate some grass and definitely got exercise…

WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

No comments:

Post a Comment